Wednesday, August 13, 2008

there's life in the old girl yet

I feel current fashion is at one of those cyclical breaking points. I go shopping and am drawn towards nothing. I gaze dismally at cheap polyester floral and liberty prints, leather biker jackets already falling apart at the seams, the ends of some sort of relaxed weekend-in-the-mountains trend (big jackets, jersey dresses) and am alarmed at the presence of bling and gladiator sandals for next season. Don't forget the ever-present shift and babydoll dresses and inappropriately sheer blouses. Worst of all, some stores seemed to have decided that "boho" is back, and that we all just forgot we love tiered skirts (vom) and knitted vests (double vom). And I can't see relief on the horizon. Where to next? Save us Marc (your nautical themes have been co-opted by Supre), Phillip (see Country Road SS08-09 for their rip-offs of your last season), Luella (see Topshop) and Chloe (I'm sorry I contemplated buying a fake and I promise I never will).

1 comment:

Sian said...

molk i too am underwhelmed by current fashion...at least we can save $$$