Monday, June 30, 2008

"Let's hear it for the boys!" Lamentation

Did I do something wrong? Did I do something right?
I find your lack of compassion and inarticulate sms discourse disturbing.

Did your mother not hold you long enough as a child? Was your father a woman- hating misogynist? Did you have a nasty older sister?

You pulled away in public when I wanted to be affectionate, to show that you were mine. You preferred to sleep on the other side of the bed, and were awkward when I wanted to be held afterwards.

I saw you a hundred times in my minds eye metamorphosing into a human being, but of course it was only a fantasy.

I shudder to think of how many others have been fooled by your pretence to care. I wonder if you were this nonchalant as a little boy. I know I would not have asked you to play in the playground.

But now you are a man, and you do not realise the affect you have. Your hurtful words turn us to stone, and wring out every drop of affection. I am an ice-queen because of you. You son of a bitch.

No comments: